- Great career opportunity working with a leading industry insurance broker.
- Report directly to the NSW State Manager and develop a great team.
- Great remuneration package with onsite parking and rewarding career development.
Our client is a national provider of general insurance brokerage services across Australia servicing over 23,500 members across the building and construction industry, delivering Insurance solutions for Construction, Home Warranty, Trades and Surety Bonds.
Due to continued growth and an internal promotion we have a need for a Team Leader of the SME team, who are responsible for the delivery of insurance broking services to their members and deliver an excellent overall customer experience. This is a hands-on leadership role and people management and developments skills are required to be successful in this role.
Our client invests in their people with real career development with tailored training programs to get you to the next level based on your contribution and investment in on the job performance.
About the role
Provide senior leadership to and management of the NSW SME broking team, including, but not limited to:
- Staff engagement, recruitment, performance management and retention,
- Budget management,
- Employee development,
- Business development and portfolio management,
- FSRA Compliance,
- Business Process improvement, and
- Client and Sales Reporting
- Manage a small portfolio of SME general clients,
- Provide technical expertise to clients and staff,
- Representing the business at various industry forums and events as required.
About you and what you bring to the organisation
Minimum 5 years insurance broking experience, ideally with demonstrated technical understanding of construction insurance;
- Demonstrated experience in a hands-on team leadership or management role;
- Tier 1 Broking (essential);
- Diploma in Broking (desirable);
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients, underwriters, senior management and key stakeholders;
- A strong work ethic, with excellent organisational, communication and time management skills;
- An innate desire to meet and exceed expectations.
As a specialised insurance broker, our client is attracted to highly motivated, engaged and career aspiring professionals. A competitive remuneration package is on offer, reflective of the skills, knowledge and experience required for this role.
The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in Australia (in a permanent, ongoing capacity) and will be required to undergo a National Police Record Check.
If you feel this role is for you don’t hesitate to click on the apply button and submit your application.