- Full-time opportunities to join NDIS funded ECEI program from start-up phase!
- Bayside Peninsula (Frankston & Heatherton), Hume Moreland (Coburg), North East Melb (Preston), Western Melb & Brimbank Melton.
- Join reputable national non-profit that is making a difference in children’s lives (0 to 6 yrs old inclusive)
Reporting to the Senior Manager ECEI, the Senior Early Childhood Early Intervention Coordinators will be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the NDIS ECEI approach, leading a small multidisciplinary specialist team which supports families with children 0 to 6 years old (inclusive) who are exploring their eligibility for NDIS funding by delivering family centred information, assessment, planning and support services in line with the NDIS ECEI approach.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Provide coaching and support to all direct reports in the performance of their duties, monitoring and provide feedback.
- Support the delivery of a high quality ECEI service in accordance with the contract, program guidelines, (ECIS) best practice principles and relevant legislative obligations.
- Develop effective strategies to implement and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, e.g. children’s service providers, peak bodies, advocacy groups, NDIA, with the aim of working collaboratively to ensure best practice is upheld and customers experience continuity of service.
- Ensure practices and processes are in place to enable service level monitoring, evaluation and reporting against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and to ensure required outcomes and performance measures are met.
- Work collaboratively with ECEI and Local Area Co-ordination (LAC) teams to identify opportunities for quality improvement, service development and improvement and potential resource implications.
- In partnership with families developing individualised plans that will accurately record the family’s priorities and needs.
- Efficiently and effectively manage a complex case/client list.
- Prepare assessment reports and initial plans and reviews.
- Provide information to families that reflects their needs and links them into appropriate Universal and Specialist Services to meet their child’s developmental needs.
- Represent ECEI Services to disability providers, peak bodies, community groups, government bodies and people with disability where appropriate.
- Deliver public presentations about ECEI Services, NDIS and other relevant topics as required
- Build relationships with individuals and organisations within the region that will aid in building community capacity in support of the service.
- Monitor client and stakeholder engagement and satisfaction.
To be successful in this role you’ll be a specialist allied health or early childhood qualified educator with expertise in early childhood development and disability. You’ll be an experienced leader with the ability to develop and mentor a multidisciplinary team as well as have solid computer skills, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, be a team player who is action orientated and takes an innovative approach to their work.
Experience working within the early childhood or disability sector and VIT registration or eligibility for membership of appropriate professional bodies – e.g. AHPRA, Speech Pathology Australia is essential. A valid driver’s licence and your own vehicle is required (allowance in lieu of a vehicle is provided) as capacity to undertake outreach work is essential.
There are full-time opportunities in the following areas; Preston, Frankston and Heatherton, Coburg, West Melbourne area and Brimbank Melton area - you can choose which location suits you best!
We encourage applications from people with a lived experience of disability and a background in or experience in working with CALD or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities will be highly regarded.
To apply please click the "Apply" button and submit your resume in MS Word format.