- Centre operates 8am to 6pm offering education & care of preschool children based in Albert Park.
- Exceptional quality standards - currently ‘Exceeding’ the National Quality Standards.
- Generous Prof. Development 5 wks annual leave, plus an additional day off a month for life admin!
Based in Albert Park, the centre provides full-time and part-time Education and care for 40 children at any one time and up 70 children each week This Centre has a current rating by Department of Education and Training as ‘Exceeding’ the National Quality Standards.
As the Preschool Teacher (Funded Program) you will work as part of a team to provide a high quality Preschool program that is based on knowledge, attitudes and skills obtained from previous training and both previous and current experience, that meets the education and needs of the individual children, their families and the community.
- Plan and ensure the implementation an appropriate educational curriculum and program in accordance with the National Quality Framework and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Curriculum for children between the ages of 4 - 5 years of age with emphasis on early literacy and numeracy development, particularly the Preschool Group.
- Maintain an extensive updated knowledge and awareness of the requirements and responsibilities of the centre in the delivery of an ‘Approved funded Preschool Program” in accordance with the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
- Supervise and direct Diploma Graduates and assistants within the room.
- Carry out daily routines and developed procedures.
- Supervise and guide children as required.
- Encourage children to achieve their full potential, taking into consideration the philosophy and overall guidelines of the Centre.
- Observe Children and evaluate their progress in personal development, including hygiene, appearance and general health.
- Ensure a safe environment is provided.
To be successful in this role you will need to have effective time management, exceptional verbal communication skills, work effectively in a collaborative team environment, enjoy nurturing and mentoring staff and engage effectively with parents and children as well as be positive, enthusiastic, and proactive and have a high level of initiative. Tertiary qualifications, VIT Registration and previous experience in early childhood is essential.