- Grade 2 Physiotherapist – Temp (immediate start) and Perm employment available either Full time or Part Time hours.
- Located in Coburg and additional office locations in nearby surrounding suburbs - Brunswick and Fawkner.
- Join a passionate team with an exceptional reputation within the community.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Prevention & Chronic Illness Care the role of the Physiotherapist is to provide direct and comprehensive high quality and evidence based services to clients under the age of 65, with musculoskeletal and orthopaedic disorders and chronic conditions including diabetes, cardiac and respiratory disease, paediatric, women’s health and neurological conditions. This role will also interact with other service providers, in a multidisciplinary setting and is primarily based in the Coburg office but will also visit the Brunswick and Fawkner offices, as per client needs.
Key responsibilities include;
- Maintain and enhance professional knowledge and technical skills by keeping up to date with new developments and relevant trends.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, funding guidelines, service standards and contractual obligations.
- Provide high quality individualized assessment and management of clients with, predominantly musculoskeletal and orthopaedic disorders, but also to a lesser extent chronic conditions including diabetes, cardiac and respiratory disease, paediatric, women’s health and neurological conditions.
- Participation in planning, designing, implementation and ongoing management of group exercise classes.
- Provide 1:1 centre-based physiotherapy treatment: short-term treatment options including; exercises prescription tailored to client’s needs and clinical presentation, manual therapy, taping, client education and motivational interviewing.
- Group exercise programs to improve clients’ mobility and level of functional activity, to help recover from injury or illness.
- Participate in multidisciplinary care co-ordination, treatment planning and goal direct care planning for client management as appropriate.
- Ensure that services are provided in a manner respectful of the languages, literacy levels, cultural beliefs and practices of our clients.
- Accurately record data and reporting as required by agency and funding bodies.
- Support Prevention and Complex Care program staff in facilitating multidisciplinary student placements.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with clients with musculoskeletal and orthopaedic disorders, OR to a lesser extent chronic conditions including diabetes, cardiac and respiratory disease, paediatric, women’s health and neurological conditions. You will also need to have strong communication skills, be self motivated, work well in an autonomous environment and have experience with development, implementation and evaluation of group exercise programs.
We have both temporary and permanent opportunities working either full-time or part-time, so there is definitely flexibility available for the right candidate!
To apply please click the “Apply” button and submit your resume in Word format.