- Work close to home in Essendon at this reputable private girls’ school, supporting their busy Deputy Principal!
- This role will ideally suit someone that likes to start early in the day, as this role commences at 7.30am daily.
- Previous exposure to working within the education sector is essential as is previous PA/EA experience.
To provide administrative and personal support to the Deputy Principal – Head of Senior School. The Personal Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for staff, students and parents on all matters pertaining to the Deputy Principal.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Manage, coordinate and maintain the Deputy Principal’s calendar, including appointments, meetings and travel.
- Manage and facilitate access of staff, students and parents to the Deputy Principal.
- Organise internal and external meetings for the Deputy Principal.
- Keep track of timing for the Deputy Principal on a daily basis, managing the timing of meetings to ensure smooth running and to maintain punctuality.
- Act as the first point of contact – dealing with drop ins, phone calls and responding to emails.
- Provide secretarial support for meetings (both individual/small meetings and larger staff meetings/briefings) through drafting and circulating agendas; taking, finalising and circulating minutes; following up action items; preparing documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of assemblies, ceremonies and Senior School events and provide technical support at these events as required.
- Arrange gifts, awards and presentations on behalf of the Deputy Principal.
- Prioritise and follow up issues and concerns raised with the Deputy Principal.
- Manage workflow for the Deputy Principal, including daily “homework” tasks.
- Liaise with external organisations as required.
- Support the Deputy Principal through attendance at School Operations meetings and through liaison with other key administration staff.
- Provide support for personal matters as requested by the Deputy Principal.
- Manage documentation, record keeping, filing and data needed by the Deputy Principal.
The ideal candidate will work well in a highly confidential, fast paced collaborative team environment and display exceptional communication skills, strong stakeholder management skills and possess a high level of initiative as well as have strong interpersonal and relationship management skills. Previous experience working as a PA/EA in the education sector is essential to be considered for this role.
The successful candidate must be able to commence work at 7.30am daily and be comfortable working with an executive that has a more traditional approach to their work environment. There is an attractive salary on offer including 10% superannuation plus 5 weeks annual leave.
To apply please click the “Apply” button and submit your resume in Word format.