- Technology, transformation and cultural change!
- Training, operations and business partner role.
- Work close to home in Preston - carparking provided.
Join global leader in seamless payment solutions as their Melbourne based People & Performance Business Partner. You’ll provide guidance and support to the organisations leaders and teams on a broad range of People and Performance policies, programs and practices. You’ll will also contribute to P&P initiatives that drive leadership, culture development and engagement across the organisation as well as assist the Melbourne based team through acquisition related cultural and organisational change.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Managing the talent cycle for the client group (reviews: 360, performance, talent, salary) and training on processes in line with the P&P talent cycle calendar.
- Manage all HRIS processes, data integrity and reporting.
- Maintain core P&P documentation including contracts and forms for all terms and conditions of employment.
- Oversee the functional intranet champions ensuring information is communicated from each function.
- People & Performance policy development and implementation.
- Talent acquisition: provide guidance to hiring managers on good practice (including training) and support the acquisition of senior placements in the client group.
- Manage on boarding and off boarding tools and processes including the induction program.
- Performance improvement/issue resolution, coaching and process support to leaders and team members.
- Conduct remuneration benchmarking for new and existing roles.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of employment legislation, exposure to remuneration benchmarking, be competent in delivering training, be able to manage performance improvement and performance processes as well as have a strong proven track record of exposure to working in a fast-paced organisation going through significant transformation and change. Previous exposure to working within online payments, technology or experience with contact centre/service management teams in your client group is essential.
This is a true generalist role with a broad range of responsibilities and will be best suited to a human resources professional that is hands on and works well independently, as this role is stand alone in the Melbourne office. If you love working in a fast-paced changing environment, where your coaching, mentoring and negotiating skills as a HRBP can shine, we want to speak to you!
To apply please click the “Apply” button.