- Join national body, that are leaders in promoting quality teaching and leadership in the education sector.
- Oversee a range of high priority strategic projects, promoting continuous improvement.
- Manage and mentor procurement, ICT, finance, project management and administration teams.
Reporting to the Deputy CEO, the Manager, Corporate Operations will be responsible for managing the full suite of business services, driving change and innovation in the areas of procurement, ICT, finance, project management and administration. In this role you will lead a multi-functional team to ensure all operational requirements are met, overseeing a range of high priority strategic projects, promoting continuous improvement and high levels of customer service throughout all aspects of this broad portfolio.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the rollout of the Project Portfolio Management capability; ensuring all procedures and processes are accurately documented and controlled.
- Provide strategic and operational advisory services to the Operations Board through prioritisation, selection, governance and monitoring.
- Support the implementation and improvement of the Project Governance model covering the entire delivery and execution process, to ensure controls are followed with deliverables and milestones met.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered to time, budget, scope and quality in accordance with the agreed project management methodology.
- In conjunction with the CFO, prepare and manage various budgets demonstrating commercial acumen to compile documentation for numerous government and internal reports.
- Oversee the procurement function ensuring all contracts adhere to policy; and that accurate advice is provided throughout the organisation.
- Lead the review, development and creation of corporate policies that are clear, easy to implement and are user-focused.
- Manage the acquisition and coordination of resources (people and budget) and the coordination of vendors and third party contractors/consultants.
- Lead the implementation of the ICT Roadmap; providing advice and guidance to the ICT Steering Committee and Advisory Group.
- Manage a cross functional team of specialists in ICT, procurement, finance and administration and oversee the Business Support team shared services function.
- Foster and develop trusting and productive relationships with key stakeholder groups, both internal and external.
The ideal candidate will excel in working in a fast paced, multi-faceted environment, have a strong commitment to customer service, coupled with outstanding people leadership and stakeholder management skills that enable you to bring out the best in people, you will also be an outcome focused leader with the capabilities to identify and deliver improvement and efficiency initiatives across the full spectrum of corporate operations as well as strong project management capabilities.
Business or IT tertiary qualification and extensive experience operating at a senior level corporate position is essential in this role as is a demonstrated capability to work on multiple projects and managing multiple time schedules and staff across a broad portfolio. Experience in leading business transformation programs within a complex environment across the full corporate spectrum and highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop, influence and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders will be key to your success in this role!
If you have a strong background in operational management, organisational development, governance and change management, with abilities to develop rapport and build trust with key stakeholders, don’t delay apply today. The successful candidate will be employed on a maximum term contract until 30 June 2022.
To apply please click the "Apply" button.