- Exciting new role to join highly respected and professional fundraising team!
- Drive the acquisition, engagement, mgmt & retention of major donors & applications to philanthropic trusts/ foundations.
- Develop and implement a long-term strategy and program of work for core major donors.
The role of the Major Gifts Manager is to drive the acquisition, engagement, management and retention of major donors and applications to philanthropic trusts and foundations. This role is about developing and implementing a long-term strategy and program of work for core major donors and cultivating and nurturing new and existing relationships with donors and trustees. The role will also be responsible for the development of project funding proposals into marketable cases for support, researching funding opportunities, liaising and relationship development with grant making bodies, writing grant applications and managing reporting and acquittal processes.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Philanthropy Lead to develop and deliver the annual work plan within agreed budgets and timeframes.
- Develop, monitor and revise accurate revenue and expenditure budgets for the major donor and philanthropic trusts portfolio. Report on progress of the income streams, recognise opportunities and barriers, and find effective solutions.
- Develop and implement growth strategies for major donors to cultivate and steward high value supporters.
- Identify, research, qualify and nurture prospective major donors and philanthropic trusts.
- Identify funding needs and develop donor-centred proposals that are likely to inspire and attract financial support from individual major donors or philanthropic trusts and prepare tailored proposals for each prospect.
- Develop and implement an annual Philanthropic Trusts and Foundations cultivation and solicitation program, including the identification of philanthropic granting bodies.
- Write, edit and submit grant applications. Manage progress and acquittal reports for grants.
- Work with the Events Manager to plan and manage donor cultivation and recognition events and represent the organisation at key engagement events which may include attendance out of office hours.
- Use analytics, research insights and feedback to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement across the major donor and bequests portfolio.
- Evaluate and report on major donor and philanthropic trusts programs and fundraising progress (includes bi-monthly Board reporting).
The ideal candidate will have exceptional stakeholder relationship development and management skills, have excellent written and verbal communications skills, have the capabilities to self-manage and display a high level of initiative. Tertiary qualifications in fundraising, marketing, business development, community engagement, communications will be highly regarded but not essential.
If you have experience working with major donors and philanthropic trust administrators/trustees within the not for profit/business development sectors and proven capabilities in writing high quality philanthropic grants or funding pitches as well as excellent public speaking/presentation skills with an ability to pitch ideas/engage audiences we want to talk to you about this exciting new role!
To submit your application please click apply and send your resume in WORD format.