- Great career opportunity working with international software company in Sydney.
- Report directly to APAC Regional Director and own the pre sales function.
- Deliver ITSM Pre Sales Solution consulting services to prospective & existing clients.
Our client is an international software company delivering software solutions via SaaS and On Premise to corporate and government entities in the IT Service Management marketplace globally.
Due to continued success and growth our client has a need for a Pre-Sales Engineer, who is responsible for the for providing advanced technical guidance and best-practice advice to the Business Development and Account Management Teams in the APJ region (and potentially other regions as requested).
The Pre-Sales Engineer will also assist in the development of commercially-viable Statements of Work, Estimates and Quotations, RFP responses and lead software demonstrations as part of a sales opportunity, and provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
About the role
The candidate will have the following capability, skills and experience -
- Analyse customer and prospective customer requirements whether these come through direct meetings, ad hoc communication or formal tenders
- Seek to understand the nature of the customer’s business and how our client can help them make their business more efficient through the use of software or professional services
- Illustrate how the software and professional services can meet the customer or prospective customer’s requirements through product demonstrations, written proposals and tender responses.
- Maintain and develop proficiency expertise with the software solution and associated processes (e.g., ITIL®)
- Attend customer meetings, including in-person visits
- Give detailed product demonstrations of the Service Management Solution
- Provide support in the use, configuration and deployment of products to the sales staff and external customers
- Complete requirements documents from customers as part of the sales process
- Provide detailed market feedback to the product development team on what features the product needs to succeed in the market
- Assist marketing activities through the generation of customer success stories, product feature reviews and product certification submissions
- Thought-leadership, and participation in CSI (Continual Service Improvement)
- Participation in User Groups, Forums, and Trade Shows
- Become involved in scoping and estimating activities as directed by the Regional Director, Asia Pacific
About you and what you bring to the organisation
- ITIL® Foundation and Intermediate Certifications required, with ITIL® Expert Certification would be considered advantageous
- Certifications in Project Management (Prince 2), quality (ISO), COBIT, CMMI, etc. would be considered desirable
- Experience and evidence of writing technical and functional recommendations for sales documents
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint required
- Strong communicator in a sales meetings and able to communicate the value of ITSM solutions in automating business process and how our clients solution can deliver positive software outcomes.
- Deep hands on technical experience in preparing software solution demonstrations.
- Be a self motivated individual who always seeks to help others achieve their goals and targets.
- Is passionate about what they do and how they do it.
As a Pre-Sales Consultant, our client is seeking candidates that are highly motivated, engaged and career aspiring professionals. A competitive remuneration package is on offer plus a commission plan based on delivering new business sales and is reflective of the skills, knowledge and experience required for this role.
The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in Australia (in a permanent, ongoing capacity).
If you feel this role is for you don’t hesitate to click on the apply button and submit your application.