- Manage and develop relationships to support the engagement of key stakeholders in the Government & Education sectors.
- Join expanding Education program team in this newly created role.
- Previous experience working within Government or managing Government relationships is essential.
The role of the Government Relations Adviser is to provide expert advice relating to the government departments and agencies that support education as well as ensure the needs of educators and government are met to support the organisations capabilities to influence and ensure adoption and embedding of the program.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the development and implementation of collaboration and consultations with government departments, including state and territory Department of Health, and agencies across early learning, primary and secondary school, and education pre-services.
- Support the preparation for high-level briefing documents for strategic engagements across the education sector.
- Lead the implementation of actions arising from high-level engagement activity with government sector key stakeholders and education government representatives.
- Manage stakeholder engagement with specific government sector representatives.
- Determine communication requirements for key stakeholders and support the development of necessary presentations, speaker notes and other materials in line with key messaging and brand guidelines.
- Provide government sector expertise and advice in the development of future business plan to ensure it reflects the needs of educators.
- Provide high quality written documents including briefing notes, preparation of contracts and agreements, and project management documentation and provide input into the development of key reports.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience working within the government sector or an understanding of government operations and education systems.
- Proven ability to research, prepare and present a variety of types of documentation, including reporting with a high level of attention to detail.
- Proven experience in policy and analysis, and the ability to analyse, synthesise and communicate complex policies for different audiences and identify implications.
- Strong relationship development and management skills with an ability to establish and maintain effective positive internal and external relationships, liaise with stakeholders, and influence their knowledge and/or actions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with different audiences.
Tertiary qualifications in Education/Teaching/Government or a related discipline are essential and knowledge of mental health and wellbeing initiatives and programs within education would be an advantage but not essential.
To apply please click the "Apply" button.