- Perfect opp. to work close to home in the north-eastern suburb of South Morang.
- Join high profile non-profit in this newly created senior position.
- Exciting role as the organisation is currently undergoing significant organisational change.
In this newly created role, you will contribute to the effective management of the operational services. You will work independently and utilise your excellent interpersonal skills and knowledge of corporate delivery, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver business requirements. This role has diverse responsibilities and an accounting/finance specialist will be the ideal candidate.
- To deliver accurate and timely financial information and advice that enable the CEO, Board, Senior Executive Team and Managers to make informed decisions.
- To ensure compliance with the requirements of regulatory authorities, such as the ACNC and ATO.
- In conjunction with the CEO, manage the preparation of the annual budget
- Provide accounting advice and support to the wider business as required.
- Manage the Fixed Asset Register.
- Preparation of meeting papers and act as minute taker for the Finance, Audit and Risk Subcommittee (FARC) and act as the Company Secretary.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining program and service costing models.
- Analysing operational costs for all programs and services and advise management on matters related to operational cost control.
- All BAS and related forms completed accurately and lodged on time.
- Maintenance of a compliance register that sets out all reporting obligations, with deadlines, and performance with regard to each.
- Managing working capital, cash flow and the investment of surplus funds in accordance with the Policy and directives prescribed by the Board.
- Oversee the Organisation’s payroll function.
- Manage the finance team, providing training, development & coaching.
The ideal candidate will have tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent), have demonstrated experience working in managed services environments and transitioning from paper-based systems to online systems as well as have experience in contributing to managing and improving financial processes in a not-for-profit or similar environment and have problem solving and change management experience in complex, technical environments.
You will be part of the close-knit team in a social and supportive culture that offers competitive remuneration, salary sacrifice options, professional learning and development opportunities, flexible work arrangements and workplace wellbeing initiatives. Proficiency with QuickBooks preferred as is exposure to working within the non-profit sector but not essential.
To submit your application please click apply and send your resume in WORD format.