- Join relaxed, creative & energetic team at this award winning construction company!
- Located in South Melbourne close to public transport & the market.
- Provide finance support and process payroll for 30 using Xero and JobPac.
The role of Finance Assistant is to provide financial support to the Finance Manager as well as the Project teams.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Day to day entry of Accounts Payable, Petty Cash, Credit Card Statements, Expense Claim Forms etc.
- Entry of Monthly Client Progress Claims and other adhoc invoicing.
- Management of Suppliers and Debtors always maintaining positive relationships.
- Reconciliations of Supplier Statements ensuing we have all invoices in our system.
- Management and processing of Sub Contractor invoices.
- Daily / Weekly Bank Reconciliation.
- Payroll Processing including Superannuation, Payroll Tax, Long Service Leave & Work Cover.
- PAYG/IAS & BAS.
- Managing Intercompany invoicing and transactions.
- Assisting in reporting where needed.
- Generation of reports from JobPac and or Xero.
- Assisting with preparation of monthly reports.
- Management of and responding to suppliers, Sub Contractor and internal requests.
- Assist with analysing and resolving discrepancies.
- Assist in verifying the accuracy of invoices.
- Maintain orderly financial procedures.
- Assist Project teams with compiling timesheets for approval.
The ideal individual will display initiative, have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as a problem-solving attitude and will be calm under pressure. Experience with Xero and JobPac will be an advantage but not essential as will exposure to construction, real estate, design, or the property sector.
If you possess a ‘can do’ attitude, a willingness to pitch in to get the job done, be an independent thinker and have the view that no task as too big or too small as well as have an energetic and positive approach to their work, then this is the right role for you. Great location with cafes, South Melbourne market and public transport all at your door!
To apply please click the "Apply" button below.