- Leave the City Traffic & Commute Hassle behind & work in close to home in West Gippsland!
- Lead the way for buying and selling milk in the local region.
- Degree in AG Science or Animal Science as well hands on dairy industry experience preferred.
Our client has been created by agribusiness professionals with extensive experience in the dairy industry and a strong belief that there is a better way to buy and sell milk. They are an integrated milk supply management business that provides customers with supply security of the highest quality milk with trace-back along dedicated supply chains.
The Field Service Officer (FSO) is an integral part of our clients Farmer Relations team, providing a support link between customers, farmers and the business.
Key responsibilities include;
- Be the key contact involved in and following through on a range of issues including contract execution, milk quality, antibiotic investigations, milk vat failures and farmer payments.
- Liaise with transport companies on logistics for farmer pick up and be the contact for issues to be resolved etc – e.g. breakdowns, late pickup, schedule change, antibiotics etc.
- Work with farms to collect and report data on production forecasts, sustainable agricultural practices, animal welfare etc as required by the customer.
- Work with farms and auditors to develop schedules for audits.
- Work closely with colleagues in supporting farmers and customers, quality, administration, marketing & sales to continuously improve supply chain sustainability.
- Identify and build relationships with farmers whose production meets the needs of our customers.
- Providing income estimates to potential and existing farmers.
- Collect all relevant information from Farmers to execute contracts, fulfil the businesses administrative, database requirements and forecasting, as required.
- Interfaces with Customer to provide advice and information.
- Works with our third-party service providers – e.g. Logistics and testing to resolve issues
- Schedules third party audits for compliance and certification.
- Works with the dairies to maintain proper record keeping satisfying customer requirements.
- Assist in the maintenance of Madcap and other databases.
- Prepares presentations and reports that are communicated to the organisation as required.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Field Services Officer or previous experience working on a dairy farm, have strong problem solving skills, be able to work autonomously and as part of a highly effective team, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, have intermediate computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate and develop relationships with Dairy farmers in Victoria as well as e familiar with agricultural best practices, animal welfare best practices and knowledge of dairy equipment sanitation and procedures.
Attractive salary package on offer, commensurate with experience plus tools of the trade will be supplied (vehicle, laptop and mobile phone).
Please attach your resume in word document format and click on the “Apply” button.