- Provide administrative/EA support to the Director of Marketing and Engagement.
- Provide support with event planning and coordination for a variety of fundraising events.
- Join national non-profit with exceptional brand and reputation based in Fitzroy.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Engagement, the role of the Executive Assistant and Events Coordinator is responsible for two core components; providing administrative support to the Director of Marketing and Engagement and providing support with event planning and coordination.
Executive Assistant responsibilities;
- Proactively manage all aspects of the Director’s diary and correspondence with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain all administrative processes, systems and structures for the day-to-day operations of the Marketing and Engagement team.
- Maintain an efficient system for the storage of documentation, including both hard copy and electronic storage.
- Maintain the yearly meeting schedules including training events, forums and workshops and produce agendas, minutes and ongoing actions lists.
- Arrange conference and seminar registrations including travel and accommodation for the Director of Marketing and Engagement.
- Balance and reconcile financial accounts including credit card account and invoices.
- Manage projects as required and ensure all initiatives are completed on time and within budget.
- Collect and compile monthly reports and undertake research and review materials.
- Draft and/or review written documents including; notes, briefings, presentations, proposals and reports.
Event Coordination and Support responsibilities;
- Working with other Event Coordinators, support the wider organisation with its event needs, both internal and external.
- Oversee and manage the administration and coordination of events including logistics, venues, facilities, ticketing and seating.
- Ensure the planning and delivery of events runs smoothly and consult with other team members as required.
- Coordinate booking of travel and accommodation for speakers presenting at events.
- Manage the events calendar in consultation with relevant internal stakeholders and communicate key dates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations in relation to sourcing cost effective event suppliers and materials.
- Ensure effective event budget management and reporting and develop relevant event briefings for speakers and other relevant stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in providing effective administrative/EA support to executive level management as well as proven capabilities managing and delivering successful events. You will also have well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to work calmly under pressure within a complex portfolio of responsibilities, requiring flexibility to prioritise workloads and the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Proven stakeholder engagement, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills are essential as is the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels.
To be successful this role you’ll need to have flexibility as you will be required to work some weekends and evenings to coordinate and attend events. Budget management and forecasting, high level initiative and creativity are key. Previous exposure to working in the non-profit sector will be highly desirable but not essential.
To submit your application please click apply and send your resume in WORD format.