- Join centre offering education & care of preschool children based in Albert Park.
- Exceptional quality standards - currently ‘Exceeding’ the National Quality Standards.
- Generous Prof. Development 5 wks annual leave, plus an additional day off a month for life admin!
Based in Albert Park, the centre provides full-time and part-time Education and care for 40 children at any one time and up 70 children each week This Centre has a current rating by Department of Education and Training as ‘Exceeding’ the National Quality Standards.
As the Educational Leader you will work as part of a team to provide high quality education and care for Preschool Children that is based on knowledge, attitudes, reflection and skills obtained from previous training as well as excel in the education and needs of the individual children, their families and the community.
- Ensure the implementation an appropriate educational curriculum and program in accordance with the NQF and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework for all children in conjunction with room leaders with emphasis on early literacy, numeracy and science development.
- Ensure the centre’s Professional Learning Curriculum is implemented at all times.
- Work closely and inconjuction with the Director as part of the Leadership team of the centre.
- Maintenance of the centre’s Quality Improvement Plan as a ‘working’ document.
- Maintain an updated knowledge and awareness of the requirements and responsibilities of the centre in the delivery of an ‘Approved funded Preschool Program’.
- Mentor and work directly with all Teachers and Educators within the centre.
- Ability to create inspirational ideas to promote our continuous goal of raising the bench mark both within our centre and the early years sector as a whole.
- Ensure that all daily routines and developed procedures are carried out with in the rooms.
- Supervise and guide Educators and children as required.
- Encourage children to achieve their full potential, taking into consideration the philosophy and overall guidelines of the Centre.
- Observe Children and evaluate their progress in personal development.
To be successful in this role you will need to have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, work effectively in a collaborative team environment, enjoy nurturing and mentoring staff and engage effectively with parents and children as well as be positive, enthusiastic, and proactive and have a high level of initiative. Formal qualifications are essential (preferably a Degree in Early Childhood Teaching) as is previous experience as an educational leader.
To apply please click the "Apply" button.