- 120 Bed Facility in Zilzie, (located btw Rockhampton & Yeppoon) Central QLD Coast.
- Immediate start, 38 hrs a week until 7th August – 6am start Mon to Frid
- Oversea a small team of catering assistants, will suit someone that has empathy for the elderly.
Our client, one of the largest Australian owned and operated not-for-profit healthcare and independent living service providers, with a passion for ensuring customers live the best possible life, requires a Chef to start immediately and oversea a small team of catering assistants at their 120 Bed Facility in Zilzie.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of ingredients/menu – adherence to service times with consistency and quality food product
- Adherence to dietary requirements (allergies, intolerances, texture modified, purees, etc.)
- Overall cost management with a focus on food and labour costs
- Stock ordering, rotation and stocktaking
- Maintain a clean kitchen, equipment and utensils
- Maintaining legislated food hygiene and general safety practices
- Fast, effective service provided with a smile
- Work in a busy kitchen environment as a leader and team player
- Monitoring and promoting kitchen hygiene and HACCP
- Complete all relevant food safety documents
- Positive work ethic and empathy for the elderly
The ideal candidate will have a Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery or equivalent, experience in a similar position within the Aged Care, Health or Hospital setting, be familiar with leading a small kitchen team and be familiar with the latest food safety and aged care standards.
NB: As a result of revised standards around health & well-being in the aged care industry, all applicants MUST have a current year flu vaccination and be able to provide proof of the vaccination.
Immediate start, 38 hours a week, on a temporary basis until the 7th August 2020. Starting at 6am Monday to Friday. Please apply ASAP!