- Based in Port Melbourne. Carparking provided and close to public transport.
- Market products by developing & implementing marketing & communications strategies.
Join one of Australia's largest independently owned distributor of products for interior and exterior building applications from large commercial fit-outs to kitchen renovations across Australia and New Zealand.
As the Assistant Product Manager your role is to support the marketing department to achieve outcomes through developing and implementing marketing initiates and creating a competitive advantage.
Reporting directly to the National Marketing Manager you will be responsible for marketing products by developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies, product life cycle management, tracking sales data, maintaining promotional materials inventory, planning meetings and trade shows, maintaining databases, preparing reports and managing projects and budgets.
Your duties will include:
- Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Implement marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analysing sales; preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organising promotional presentations; updating calendars.
- Track product group sales and costs by analysing and entering sales, expense, and new business data.
- Prepare marketing reports by collecting, analysing and summarising sales.
- Develop plans and project manage the launch of new products and marketing initiatives.
- Manage promotional materials and stock requirements with external agencies.
- Plan meetings and coordinate trade show requirements.
- Monitor budgets by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Participate in educational opportunities to keep abreast of products and market trends.
- Maintain marketing support services such as website, catalogue, product brochures, point of sale and sampling material.
The ideal candidate will have Marketing qualifications, have previous project coordination experience, possess a can-do attitude, work well independently and display a high level of initiative and have strong stakeholder engagement capabilities. Knowledge of the hardware and building industry and knowledge of the Architect and Designer markets will be highly regarded but not essential.
To apply please click the "Apply" button below.
General Manager / Tech Connector