- Join Government funded public company with extensive growth planned in 2019.
- Central CBD. Newly created role. Attractive salary package on offer!
- Opp. to utilize your strong procurement, policy & project mgmt expertise.
Our client, a leader in promoting quality teaching and leadership in the education sector, requires an experienced Assistant Manager for a newly created senior position that will contribute to the outputs of the team. Reporting to the Corporate Operations Officer, this role will contribute to various policies, projects and process improvements across the organisation that underpin the corporate function.
This is an exciting role, as our client is undergoing significant organisational change to strengthen their corporate structure, with plans for new equipment, software, ways of working and policies and procedures. As the Assistant Manager you will work with colleagues from HR, ICT, Governance and Risk, Finance and Administration. The role will commence ASAP on a fixed term contract, starting asap and continuing until the 30th June 2019, with the potential to extend long term.
In this role, you will contribute to the effective management of the operational services. You will work independently and utilise your excellent interpersonal skills and knowledge of corporate delivery, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver business requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage procurement activities, including providing advice to internal teams, writing and negotiating contracts (using approved templates) and identifying and rectifying issues as they arise.
- Contribute to the development of business and strategic plans as and when needed.
- Contribute to a regular refresh of policies and drive process improvements to promote efficiency and the effective use of resources, actively contributing to new ways of working in light of new hardware, software and supports.
- Work collaboratively with all staff across AITSL to identify needs and contribute to the ongoing business improvements and a service-focussed culture.
- Any other duties as directed by the manager, consistent with the employee’s skills and competencies.
The ideal candidate will have experience coordinating procurement activities, contract management, business plan writing, and policy development and management as well as have an excellent understanding of business and information flows and have a wide experience in working with experts from various backgrounds to actively contribute to organisational change. You will also need knowledge and experience when developing work specifications, coordinating service delivery, monitoring and providing feedback, and contributing to change within a maturing organisation.
If you have a strong background in operational management and an interest in organisational development and change management, with abilities to develop rapport and build trust with key stakeholders, don’t delay apply today.
To apply please click the "Apply" button.