- Exciting opportunity to join highly respected, professional and committed fundraising team of 18.
- This role will suit a passionate and energetic manager with proven success in Philanthropy and Fundraising.
- 3 year contract working F/T hours - 2 days a week in the Parkville office and working remotely 3 days a week.
The role of the Manager, Individual Giving is to lead and manage the philanthropic fundraising for this iconic Melbourne Foundation. Working with the Director, Fundraising and collaboratively with the (CEO) you will manage a small team of fundraising professionals and works closely with a number of key internal and external stakeholders.
The position is responsible for building and stewarding relationships and generating revenue from individual donors, Trusts and Foundations, endowments and bequest donors. This is done through best practice donor cultivation, soliciting and stewardship.
Your key accountabilities/responsibilities will include:
- Provide expert advice on philanthropy management with the aim of growing individual and planned giving.
- Lead a small team of fundraising professionals and provide leadership and education across the Foundation.
- Work with the Director, Fundraising and CFO to ensure annual budgets are set and achieved.
- Identify professional development opportunities for team members and act as a mentor across the department.
- Ensure donor agreements represent the best interests of the donor and the Foundation.
- Assist the Executive team in developing operational plans for future growth in major gifts, a key goal in the 2021-2026 Strategic Plan.
- Provide advice on revenue targets across the Individual Giving team.
- Work with campus partners where necessary to identify any areas of collaboration for future growth.
- Work with the Foundation’s, CEO to ensure key stakeholders are provided with best practice donor management.
- Develop strong relationships with Foundation’s existing donors and identify new philanthropists interested in supporting RCH.
- Champion the Foundation’s Healthcare Philanthropy program to ensure clinicians are able to access information in a timely manner.
- Ensure donors are invited to key donor events such as tours, the Spotlight Series and initiatives driven by Board Directors.
- Demonstrate excellence in donor stewardship to ensure all team members uphold the same standard.
- Foster a culture of team collaboration across all teams and departments.
- Provide general advice and assistance to teams across the organisation as the subject matter expert where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will demonstrated success in individual giving, major gifts and planned giving, possess outstanding stakeholder and relationship management skills with a proven ability to build relationships with donors, supporters and key stakeholders, be a collaborative innovative leader and mentor, possess strong written and verbal communications skills and excellent presentation skills with an ability to pitch ideas and engage audiences at all levels as well as knowledge of Melbourne, national and international philanthropic communities that support health, with the ability to optimize high level and key relationships. Tertiary qualifications in fundraising, marketing, business development, community engagement or communications will be highly regarded as will Health or University sector experience preferred.
If you have a strong knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising and an understanding of a donors motivations to support a particular cause as well as proven experience securing high value philanthropic gifts and experience managing a team, then this is the role for you!
This role is a full-time 3 year contract working 2 days a week in the Parkville office and working remotely at home 3 days a week.
To submit your application please click apply and send your resume in WORD format.