- Join centre offering education & care of preschool children based in Albert Park.
- This quality centre is currently ‘Exceeding’ the National Quality Framework.
- Generous Prof. Development 5 wks annual leave, plus an additional day off a month for life admin!
Based in Albert Park, the centre provides full-time and part-time Education and care for 40 children at any one time and up 70 children each week This Centre has a current rating by Department of Education and Training as ‘Exceeding’ the National Quality Framework.
As the Second in Charge of the Early Learners Wing you will work as part of a team to provide high quality child care and Educational Program that is based on knowledge, attitudes and skills obtained from previous training that meets the needs of the individual children, their families and the community.
- Oversee the implementation of an appropriate Educational Program for children between the ages of 1–3years of age, and in particular the Early Learners Group alongside the Team Leader.
- Assist in maintaining Children’s individual portfolio’s and mid-year and end year reports.
- Assist in overseeing an age appropriate room environment with a variety of activities to support the development of all children in the Early Learners wing.
- Carry out daily routines with the Early Learners Team.
- Participate in annual and individual staff performance reviews to set your own professional goals as well as mini ongoing reviews throughout the year.
- Have a knowledge of the National Quality Framework (NQF) and Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and meet the requirements as directed (i.e. The centre’s Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) and Staff Observation Records).
- Provide parents with information about their children’s progress and what the program’s aims and goals are.
- Ensure all daily records on each child are entered and maintained (i.e. medicines; accidents; collection forms, etc.)
To be successful in this role you will need to have effective time management, exceptional verbal communication skills, work effectively in a collaborative team environment and engage effectively with parents and children as well as be positive, enthusiastic, and proactive and have a high level of initiative. Diploma or Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and previous experience in early childhood is preferred.
Join a working environment where child to educator ratios enable you to have more time to do your job effectively, whilst you will be earning above award wages, have generous professional development, plus 5 weeks annual leave and an additional day off a month for life admin!To submit your application please click apply and send your resume in WORD format.