- Join centre offering education & care of preschool children based in Albert Park.
- This quality centre is currently ‘Exceeding’ the National Quality Standard.
- Generous Prof. Development 5 wks annual leave, plus an additional day off a month for life admin!
Based in Albert Park, the centre provides full-time and part-time Education and care for 40 children at any one time and up 70 children each week This Centre has a current rating by Department of Education and Training as ‘Exceeding’ the National Quality Standards.
As the Second in Charge of the Pre-School Room you will work as part of a team to provide a quality Pre-school Educational program that is based on knowledge, attitudes and skills obtained from previous training and both previous and current experience that meets the needs of the individual children, their families and the community.
- Assist with the implementation of an appropriate Educational Program for children between the ages of 1–5 years of age, particularly the Pre-School Room (4 year-old Funded Pre-school Program).
- Carry out daily routines.
- Supervise children as required.
- Encourage children to achieve their full potential, taking into consideration the philosophy and overall guidelines and policies of the Centre at all times.
- Have a working knowledge of the Centre’s philosophy, guidelines and policies of conduct, and to work accordingly at all times.
- Communicate with the Director, other staff and parents concerning the well-being of all children.
- Attend all staff meetings, workshops, professional development sessions and service training sessions as required.
- Participate in annual and individual staff performance reviews to set your own professional goals as well as mini ongoing reviews throughout the year.
- Have an extensive knowledge of the National Quality Frameworks and meet the requirements as directed (i.e. The centre’s Quality Improvement Plan and Staff Observation Records)
- Provide parents with information about their children’s progress and what the program’s aims and goals are.
- Ensure all daily records on each child are entered and maintained (i.e. medical; accidents; collection forms, etc.)
To be successful in this role you will need to have effective time management, exceptional verbal communication skills, work effectively in a collaborative team environment and engage effectively with parents and children as well as be positive, enthusiastic, and proactive and have a high level of initiative. Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and previous experience in early childhood is preferred.
Join a working environment where child to educator ratios enable you to have more time to do your job effectively, whilst you will be earning above award wages, have generous professional development, plus 5 weeks annual leave and an additional day off a month for life admin!
Our client will consider candidates available to start this year or January 2021.
To submit your application please click apply and send your resume in WORD format.